You've decided that 2019 is the year you're going to install a fence around your property. Perhaps you'd like to fence in your backyard to create a safe play area for your kids. Maybe you want to install a cute picket fence along the edge of your front yard. Whatever your reasons for wanting a fence, here are a few questions to ask yourself before you contact wood, vinyl and aluminum fence companies in Tampa, Fl.
Why Do I Want a Fence?
It helps to have a clear understanding of why you'd like to install a fence around your home. If you decide to work with a fencing contractor, they'll be better able to recommend certain types of fence to you based on your needs.A few common reasons for installing a fence include:
- Enhancing privacy.
- Increasing safety and security (such as a creating a safe area for your children or pets to play or installing a fence around a pool).
- Increasing curb appeal.
- Protecting a garden.
- Marking property lines and boundaries .
What Type of Fence Do I Want?
Even if you're completely new to fence shopping, it's likely that you have some idea of the type of fence you'd like to install around your home. A few things to think about when asking yourself about the type of fence that's just right are:
- Material. An aluminum fence around a home in Tampa, Fl. can create a distinguished, elegant look. Meanwhile, vinyl or wood fences can be ideal if you are concerned about privacy.
- Style. Fences come in a range of styles, from your classic wood or vinyl white picket fence to ornamental metal fences.
- Height. Do you want neighbors and others to be able to see over the top of your fence or do you want to create a completely private, enclosed yard? A taller fence, such as a six-foot-tall fence, will give you more privacy than a shorter fence.
What Is My Budget?
How much can you comfortably spend on your fence? Having a dollar amount in mind before you start the project can help you determine what type of material you want, as well as whether you can hire a contractor.
Do I Want to Hire a Contractor or DIY?
Speaking of hiring a contractor, would you rather have a professional fence installer do the work or would you rather do-it-yourself? Although a DIY project can be fun and enjoyable for the right person, plenty of homeowners decide to hire a professional contractor, as they know that doing so will take some of the burden of measuring, ordering materials and performing the hard work of digging and placing the fence off of their shoulders.
Do I Need Approval Before Installing the Fence?
One last question to ask yourself before you get started with a fence installation project: Do you need to get approval or permission from anyone before you get started? Getting approval can mean getting the appropriate permits, but it can also mean making sure your project is in the clear with your homeowner's association and with your neighbors.
When it comes to installing a fence, it's better to ask first and get your paperwork and permits in a row, than must deal with the hassle of restarting a project that's not up to code.